It is our sincere desire that Leavittsburg Baptist Church would be a place where...
1. ...The Word of God is preached in sincerity and truth. We allow ourselves to be challenged and transformed by It even, and especially, when the Scripture disagrees with our long held opinions and beliefs regardless of how we came about those ideas.
2. ...The body of believers is a safe haven for those who are hurting and in bondage to sin. By proclaiming the truths of God's Word sin is revealed and when the Word is heard and followed, sin can be acknowledged, confessed and dealt with according to God's will. This leads to spiritual healing, peace and joy.
3. ...We are a family and not an institution, business or social gathering. A family deals with important matters in a different manner than businesses, clubs or other institutions.
4. ...Christians can grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
5. ...Those who join this local body can use their gifts to evangelize unbelievers and edify fellow believers through practical ministries.
6. ...Believers can worship the Lord in spirit and in truth. We do not worship out of obligation, rather we choose to worship because He alone is worthy of worship and we are filled with joy and gratitude to Him because of his sacrifice on the cross, burial and, resurrection on our behalf. Because He is the one and only perfect sacrifice for our sins, when we receive him as Savior our sins are forgiven and we are given the honor and privilege of being adopted into the family of God and develop a relationship with the One True God and Creator of the universe.
WHAT WE DO
We believe that the Word of God says what God determined it would say and that nothing should be added or removed from it. Our actions, attitudes and beliefs should be informed by the immutable Word of God and not by the ever-shifting morays and morals of society.
We seek to have not only a community of believers but also, since we are ultimately brothers and sisters in the family of God, as children of God, we seek to comport ourselves in a manner that brings honor and glory to Him.
FIND YOUR FAITH
You can have Eternal Life and a personal relationship with God as a free gift!
1. Realize and acknowledge that you are a sinner.
Romans 3:10, “as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one;”Romans 3:23, “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,”
2. Identify the price to be paid for your sin.
Romans 6:23a, “23 For the wages of sin is death,”
3. Realize that Jesus Christ paid the penalty for your sin.
Romans 6:23b, “but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Romans 5:19, “For as by the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man’s obedience the many will be made righteous.”
4. Receive Jesus Christ as your Savior by faith.
Romans 10:9-10, “because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.”
If you made the decision to receive Jesus Christ as your Savior, please contact us so we can help you grow in your new life and relationship with God.